TL Comics

Terminal Lance #456 “Dating Pool”


Sorry, civilian guys, it’s science. Female Marines exclusively date and marry only other male Marines.

It’s science. Prove me wrong.

Romance in the Marine Corps usually works something like this for male Marines:

Boy has girl “back home,” probably a high school sweetheart or some such. He joins the Marine Corps, graduates boot camp, comes home on boot leave and asks her to marry him because he’s young and has no grasp of consequences yet. Girl says yes, she moves away from home, hates her life, cheats on him and they get divorced.

Anecdotally, from my own observations, this doesn’t seem to be the case with female Marines. Lady Marines seem to exclusively date other Marines (or otherwise service members from other branches). I can make some rough guesses as to why, such as the fact that women make up a total of less than 8% of the entire Marine Corps, leaving the 92% of hyper masculine and undersexed men to fight over them. Or perhaps women generally feel like civilian men are less masculinely appealing than their Corps counterparts.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.52.29 PM

The world may never know, but if you can find me a female Marine married to that civilian boy from back home, I’d love to talk to him.

Infantry Marine turned Combat Artist turned animator turned bestselling author turned dad.

Terminal Lance #455 “Grass Week”

Previous article

Terminal Lance #457 “Good Conduct”

Next article


Comments are closed.

More in TL Comics

You may also like