Terminal Lance #358 “Sibling Rivalry”
December 16, 2014
It’s not really a secret that the Marine Corps is technically a department of the Navy, but you’d be hard pressed to find a Marine willing to openly say that out loud without gagging.
Now, now, before all you Corpsman and sailors get butt hurt
as if you aren’t already (from all the butt sex) and send me a bunch of angry emails and messages, keep in mind that inter branch rivalry is nothing new to the military. It’s true, we all love each other but secretly kind of hate each other as well. It usually goes something like this:
- Marines look down on everyone.
- Here in the Marine Corps, we’re better than you, and we know it!
- Navy is pretty cool with everyone but always tries to pull the “Department of the Navy” card on Marines. People also like to make excessive gay jokes about them (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
- To the Marines, the Army is like that dude you know that is always trying super hard to appeal to you and be really cool, but you just don’t care. To their credit, the Army is actually the only other branch with proper infantry that does real gangster shit as well, so we respect them for that; but watching their lax standards and sometimes odd tactics in the field is mind boggling and irritating to most Marines.
- No one cares enough about the Air Force to even make jokes about them beyond “Chair Force.” They have a weird plethora of hot girls though.
Marines, I believe, are generally well-regarded by everyone. It is an established fact that the Marine Corps has the toughest boot camp, regulations, and entrance standards of the 4 branches. Cockiness is inherent, but often well-deserved.
Then again, I’m probably a little biased.