* News!

Happy Veteran's Day!
brooklyn on June 06, 2013, 09:47:16 PM
Deployed
  • Beans & cornbread had a fight!
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/06/06/house-votes-to-eliminate-service-camo-patterns.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

Thank the Army and choosing that god awful fucking piece of shit they call a combat utility and blowing 4 million plus tons more.
[size=78%]

You mean thank the muhweens for starting this bullshit? At least the ACU as a uniform is functional, the air farce's shit is so bad they get issues army uniforms for deploying down range.  UCP, MARPAT, CADPAT and navy AOR are all the same pattern, just different colors.

Highly doubtful that if they choose one pattern it will be MARPAT for one simple reason, all the money the army just spent on their research this go around.  There's a reason why the army chose different colors than MARPAT last go around.  MARPAT performs terribly when viewed under IR.  UCP performed the best, one of the reasons it was chosen.

If we all end up switching to the same uniforms, you can probably guarantee that it will be whatever wins (or already won) the current trial.

TL;dr thanks Obama![/size]
[size=78%]

Functional for what?  And how much has the army spent?  MC spent like 800k and had some scout snipers pick that shit out at home depot.

Bring back dress blues combat.[/size]

Marine Corps didn't do shit to get MARPAT ball rolling, though. Shit was so cheap because we bought it from the Canadian's CADPAT.

Also, all this shit is irrelevant for us since the Marine Corps will be absorbed by the Army in 10 years anyway.

Sh-tGrin on June 06, 2013, 09:51:59 PM
OD Green. Worked for grand pappy in WW2 and for Daddy in Nam.

/tony stark voice

The War-Unitt on June 07, 2013, 12:09:42 AM
Deployed
  • Dont't threaten me with a good time!
OD Green. Worked for grand pappy in WW2 and for Daddy in Nam.

/tony stark voice

ooooh! can we get super suits? fuck the camo, i want a badass armor.
Fighter by Day
Lover by Night
Drunkard by choice
Marine by mistake

First Strike Deadly on June 07, 2013, 01:19:13 AM
Terminal Lance
MARPAT performs terribly when viewed under IR.  UCP performed the best, one of the reasons it was chosen.

Guess what?  That and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.  UCP was a miserable failure, and this is not a fact that can be disputed.

stitch1870 on June 07, 2013, 01:24:15 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Lance with an extra chevron
DUNGAREES OR GTFO

honestly as an Airman I would be okay with that. We don't need camo to turn a wrench on a jet or load bombs. What we do need is something functional that will keep us warm in the winter and prevent us from drowning in our own sweat in the summer. The current ABU does neither.

In other news, I kind of hope that we all go to MARPAT so I can drink the butthurt tears of Mehreens

Several years ago when I thought the cream corn was the next best thing since pr0nz you might've. But no one's pride in uniform and preventing others from using a better product is worth any servicemember's life because of a shitty camo pattern. LOOKIN AT YOU AMOS AND KENT.
29PalmsGrunt:
Begin searching for a victim.
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

First Strike Deadly: Another promising conversation ruined by Brad
Today at 11:09:22 PM

Disclaimer: Not to be taken srsly.

motohooah on June 07, 2013, 04:21:05 AM
Deployed
  • Not Brad or Vundy.
MARPAT performs terribly when viewed under IR.  UCP performed the best, one of the reasons it was chosen.

Guess what?  That and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.  UCP was a miserable failure, and this is not a fact that can be disputed.

Go back and read my post, I'm not disagreeing with you.  UCP is a massive failure and every soldier hates them, but alas its our uniform and what we have to wear.

UCP spawned from MARPAT, MARPAT spawned from CADPAT and CADPAT spawned from some pattern that NATICK threw in the trash back in like 2001.  It's all just a giant circle.

Like I said, there's a reason why UCP was chosen, there is not enough color separation in MARPAT when viewed under IR making everyone wearing it look like a big black blob instead of blending in.   The Army's logic being that at least half of our operations being performed at night, we need camo for that.  That's all man, not defending UCP, just setting up the justification for my hypothesis.

That's why I'm postulating now that if indeed all the branches assume one uniform, the pattern(s) will probably be the patterns that won the current trial.

Edit-there's a pretty in depth post about how all this came to be if you're interested.  So far they've posted 3 out of 4 parts of it.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/camo-improvement/

03BootBand on June 07, 2013, 06:09:47 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Vidya game weapon maintence NCONIC
  • Fuck this gay Earth.
This is our stupid ass government doing shit to say they did shit.

Instead of perhaps blasting the US Army for stupidity instead one size fits all punishment. SF/SoF are still going to wear different uniforms just because.

2001 - 2005: 0311

Shia LeBoot on June 07, 2013, 06:34:46 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer
Not quite. The House Armed Services Committee voted for it as part of the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act, but the NDAA still needs to go before the full House and the Senate before it becomes law, and who knows what changes will be made to it between now and then

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I'm not reading all that shit and have no idea what you're arguing about but I feel confident in saying that one of you is profoundly retarded and the other one agrees with me.

damn03 on June 07, 2013, 07:42:52 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Terminal Lance BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY
  • gunny rolls, bitch
Flight suits for all!

ConKeeper on June 07, 2013, 07:50:55 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Fueling the Fight rah?
Flight suits for all!

Flight suits or frogs 24/7. Free ball in flight suits and I love me some soft ass frog pants.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]:   it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"

HardCoreTurtle on June 07, 2013, 07:57:09 AM
We can already assume that whatever the Army decides is what all the branches will get, considering congress likes to play favorites. I just hope the Army picks the kryptek camo design for their new uniforms.

motohooah on June 07, 2013, 08:48:21 AM
Deployed
  • Not Brad or Vundy.

Functional for what?  And how much has the army spent?  MC spent like 800k and had some scout snipers pick that shit out at home depot.

Bring back dress blues combat.[/size]

The ACU, as in Army Combat Uniform, not the Universal Camouflage Pattern.

SemperFroggy on June 07, 2013, 08:59:11 AM
Deployed
  • Terminal Lance
DUNGAREES OR GTFO

honestly as an Airman I would be okay with that. We don't need camo to turn a wrench on a jet or load bombs. What we do need is something functional that will keep us warm in the winter and prevent us from drowning in our own sweat in the summer. The current ABU does neither.

In other news, I kind of hope that we all go to MARPAT so I can drink the butthurt tears of Mehreens

+1 for the "butthurt tears of Mehreens" line lol :)

"In the absence of orders, find something and piss on it"
SemperFroggy on PS BF3

Dakota_kid on June 07, 2013, 10:54:33 AM
Deployed
Atacs or kryptic camo for the win.

A-tacs is sexy and kryptic is cutting edge

03BootBand on June 07, 2013, 12:02:05 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Vidya game weapon maintence NCONIC
  • Fuck this gay Earth.
Flight suits for all!

That's what the special kids were wearing when BDU's were the uniform. SF/SoF always gotta have their special thing and thus the big PX is always going to try to grab those coat tales.

It's pathetic that that US military branches are incapable of designing their own functional utility uniforms because some derps got super jelly of Marines when they were seen in something other than US Army hand me downs.
2001 - 2005: 0311

DustyLeFou on June 07, 2013, 12:15:18 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Southeast Asian Street Meat Analyst
Berets for everyone!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

British Royal Marines are issued green berets. Indonesian Marines wear purple berets. A fuck nobody gives.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:21:23 PM by DustyLeFou »

MyCuttingScoreIs0 on June 07, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
Senior Lance
  • Life's short, eat dessert first.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/06/06/house-votes-to-eliminate-service-camo-patterns.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=1

Thank the Army and choosing that god awful fucking piece of shit they call a combat utility and blowing 4 million plus tons more.
[size=78%]

You mean thank the muhweens for starting this bullshit?  At least the ACU as a uniform is functional, the air farce's shit is so bad they get issues army uniforms for deploying down range.  UCP, MARPAT, CADPAT and navy AOR are all the same pattern, just different colors.

Highly doubtful that if they choose one pattern it will be MARPAT for one simple reason, all the money the army just spent on their research this go around.  There's a reason why the army chose different colors than MARPAT last go around.  MARPAT performs terribly when viewed under IR.  UCP performed the best, one of the reasons it was chosen.

If we all end up switching to the same uniforms, you can probably guarantee that it will be whatever wins (or already won) the current trial.

TL;dr thanks Obama!
[/size]
[size=78%]

But really well in real life where the people we actually fight generally don't have reliable IR.[/size]
Any Marine that doesn't get 100 crunches has bad friends. - John A. Lejeune
I hit that bitch's face so hard that somewhere in the distance Chris Brown got an unexplainable erection

hazmat109 on June 08, 2013, 11:38:42 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a 'Boot Fuck!'

[size=78%]

You mean thank the muhweens for starting this bullshit?  At least the ACU as a uniform is functional, the air farce's shit is so bad they get issues army uniforms for deploying down range.  UCP, MARPAT, CADPAT and navy AOR are all the same pattern, just different colors.

TL;dr thanks Obama!
[/size]
[size=78%]

But really well in real life where the people we actually fight generally don't have reliable IR.[/size]

how about the fact that all these uniforms are tested and designed to be not picked up as easily by IR.....but guess what....then you guys get plastered in fucking IR tabs/squares/shit so that you are visible to each other when you are using IR.        "hey lets make a uniform to be invisible....then undo that with fucking glow squares!" 

SMK on June 09, 2013, 12:27:59 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Semper Gumby

[size=78%]

TL;dr thanks Obama!
[/size]
[size=78%]

how about the fact that all these uniforms are tested and designed to be not picked up as easily by IR.....but guess what....then you guys get plastered in fucking IR tabs/squares/shit so that you are visible to each other when you are using IR.        "hey lets make a uniform to be invisible....then undo that with fucking glow squares!"
Don't forget the super bright firefly ir strobes
THE Golden Shellback

stitch1870 on June 09, 2013, 01:14:15 AM
Terminal Lance
We chopped up our IR tabs so they were 1/2"x1/2", I'd rather have that FOF identifier if I ever had to call in night CAS given the USAF's track record.
29PalmsGrunt:
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

Billie E Goatis on June 09, 2013, 02:20:48 AM
Terminal Lance
  • I get painful erections
Flight suits for all!

Flight suits or frogs 24/7. Free ball in flight suits and I love me some soft ass frog pants.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

As long as it's not the Army's frog suits. I hate those things. They don't have any collar. I don't know what it is about that, but every time I see soldier's wearing them they always look like a used condom.

The poster formerly known as ah8176.

Every Marine loves CLP. Chow Libo Pussy.

"Fuck you guys for not liking Tokarevs. I suck on Soviet dong and I like it. Balls go in my mouth now. "-Corvus

Slinky Wizard on June 09, 2013, 04:19:26 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Slinky Corps, Far East Imperial Shogun
  • スリンキー魔導士 sürïnkïï màdōshi
Not quite. The House Armed Services Committee voted for it as part of the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act, but the NDAA still needs to go before the full House and the Senate before it becomes law, and who knows what changes will be made to it between now and then

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

And most things passed in the House or Senate commitees never get passed into law. I'm sure the armed service branch representatives are already calling their military-industry lobbiests to get on the phone with the congressmen.
Wrong. The top 3 killers of Japanese citizens outside of Godzilla?
Cancer
Heart Disease
Stroke

Pippin on June 09, 2013, 08:00:59 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Mo' Fukn PIPPIN BITCHES
They Army didn't blow $4 million...it was $5 Billion. With a B.

silverado_mick on June 09, 2013, 12:07:25 PM
Terminal Lance
What, exactly, is wrong with multicam?  Shit works good everywhere I've seen it.  Even a little better than woodland MARPAT, to my eye anyway.  So we've gotta drop a whole bunch more money developing yet another camo pattern even though we currently have quite a bit of gear laying around in what is a really good cam scheme? 

I hope if they do actually go through with it that they take cues from the Corps at leats in the deign of the uniform.  ACU's are not at all as user friendly, functional, or comfortable as our cammies.  Dem velcro pockets...eeesh! 

stitch1870 on June 09, 2013, 02:59:56 PM
Terminal Lance
What, exactly, is wrong with multicam?  Shit works good everywhere I've seen it. 

....except for Boston and the surrounding suburbs...
29PalmsGrunt:
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence