* News!

Current theories suggest its used as a kind of particle accelerator, as this would explain how information can be passed around the Lance Corporal Underground near the speed of light.
DirtySailor on September 11, 2012, 05:40:53 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Cult Brutality
  • 0°=0°
  • O∴ L∴ S∴
I am a massive halo fan. I think Master Chief is my lord and savior, Spartan Christ. But all that jizziming aside, the books can be enjoyed seperate from the games, because the books really give you a sense of just how massive the Halo universe is. I have yet to read the forerunner saga, but other than that, I have read the entire series, including the evolutions short stories.

Anybody else here a fan of the Halo novels.

POST IN MY THREAD, COOKIE BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE!
When the heat death of the universe happens I bet the last Admin Marine will miss it because he has to run one more guys PAR.
American Black, Death and Doom Metal Blog
www.cultbrutality.tumblr.com

Neil on September 11, 2012, 04:13:08 PM
Senior Lance
  • Ahoy!
I really enjoyed em. The writeing is not always the best, but you know, its the story that counts, and the stories play out great.
Wombitch [24|Jan 09:00 PM]:   I put one in my cum receptacle and basically came

Corvus on September 11, 2012, 09:34:16 PM
Terminal Lance
  • KGB Enforcer
  • Global Moderator
  • REMOVE KEBAB
haven't read the Forerunner saga, but I loved Fall of Reach. Contact Harvest was also quite good.
Can we just clone Corvus and have a Corvus-clone mod army?

F18WrenchMonkey on September 17, 2012, 01:19:57 PM
Terminal Lance
  • 2ND LT PLANET
  • Fuck you Ma'ati
Fall of Reach is one of my favorites, because it covers a lot of backstory on the SPARTANs. Pretty much anything Eric Nylund writes gets me essited.
Beltayn: I wish I was gay. I would be the blowjob KING

ThunderCookies: bitch steps outta line she's getting a hot ass thunder cookie to the face

TD: I'm going to have my own little stable of squires

Déjà Entendu: The thing that the buttstock connects to where the buffer spring is housed

gondlesnorf on September 17, 2012, 05:56:05 PM
Terminal Lance
  • 1st Zombie Defense Bn
  • Who shit my pants?
These are the ones I've read. First Strike has been to hell and back. I kept those messed up ones in my cargo pocket and read them all over the place various times when I was on ship. I can't really remember too much from them because it's been quite a few years since the last one I read. I do remember bits and pieces and I loved them First Strike was awesome. I think I read it twice.

[insert witty and/or funny content here]

Tal on September 25, 2012, 11:27:26 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Rave King
  • the dude
READ ALL OF ERIC NYLUND'S BOOKS (especially his non-halo books)

(click to show/hide)

Success is given meaning by the proximity of failure.

Cage Rat on September 28, 2012, 11:40:02 AM
Boot
  • Tired
Read Bear's first Forerunner novel.

Wont drop spoilers but I think the series is going to go a long way into explaining the whole forerunner / reclaimer thing.
Bear was chosen because of his Eon series, which, if you've never read is a total time-space mind fuck, which made him perfect for the forerunners. Not every thing I wanted or expected, but well worth it for the lore mongers.

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on January 17, 2013, 07:31:43 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
As I've talked about before, the Forerunner Saga is fucking amazing.  The first book is kind of put-offish because it's read from the point of view of a Forerunner who is massively more intelligent than any human being could ever be.  The whole time I read it made me think of looking through a foggy window.  But it was fucking amazing.  The second book makes you go: "Jesus fucking Christ...."

Can't wait for the 3rd one.  That being said, I've read every Halo book and they are all INCREDIBLE.  The majority of them are stand-alone books in that, you know the basic backstory of the Halo universe so to come in at anytime of the story won't really ruin anything for you.  I recommend all of them especially Nylund's ones detailing the history of the Spartan project and it's development.
theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: think about how many times you hold the door open for anyone or do something small for a stranger theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: women dont do that shit
Bozzy [25|Apr 06:48 PM]:I'm a coward? I didn't join the seabees

Witch King of Agmar on January 21, 2013, 03:51:03 PM
Senior Lance
  • I rest knowing I can never be as bad as mottoboot
Am currently reading the second of the Forerunner Saga. I exploded in my pants when Karen Traviss started writing Halo. But the vast majority of the Spartans-II's dying on reach still makes me a sad panda.
THAT IS UNAUTHORIZED KEYDET!
"Take it seriously, but don't take it too seriously."-Another example of Army Mindfuckery
Game over, bros. Dor just won.

The War-Unitt on June 10, 2013, 08:31:00 PM
Deployed
  • Dont't threaten me with a good time!
I absolutely loved playing the Halo series game, never thought about getting into the books but now i do. Only problem is, i know there is a shitload of halo books, so what ones should i start with and what is the sequence i should read each one in. Any one have any ideas?
Fighter by Day
Lover by Night
Drunkard by choice
Marine by mistake

Biggsam4 on June 11, 2013, 04:06:49 AM
Boot
  • The King of Pants!
I absolutely loved playing the Halo series game, never thought about getting into the books but now i do. Only problem is, i know there is a shitload of halo books, so what ones should i start with and what is the sequence i should read each one in. Any one have any ideas?

Quote from: Wikipedia
There have been numerous printed adaptations based on the Halo canon established by the video games. Larry Niven (author of Ringworld) was originally approached to write a Halo novelization, but declined due to unfamiliarity with the subject matter.[102] The first novel was Halo: The Fall of Reach, a prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved. It was written by Eric Nylund in seven weeks, and published in October 2001.[103] William C. Dietz wrote an adaptation of Halo: Combat Evolved called Halo: The Flood, which was released in 2003.[104] Eric Nylund returned to write the third novel, Halo: First Strike, which takes place between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, and was published in December 2003. Nylund also wrote the fourth adaptation, Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, which was published on October 31, 2006.[105] Bungie employee Joseph Staten wrote the fifth book, Halo: Contact Harvest, which was released on October 30, 2007, while Tobias S. Buckell produced the sixth, Halo: The Cole Protocol, published in November 2008. Bungie considers the Halo novels as additions to the Halo canon.[106]

I didn't know about the Larry Niven thing, but I love his Known Space stories, that'd have been cool to have seen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:10:37 AM by Biggsam4 »
How is babby formed?

MinorityReport on June 12, 2013, 04:52:33 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Son of Gloin
  • Doc don't know!

Contact: Harvest is the first one timewise in the series, i believe. But it's a little boring and drawn out.
Maximilian: At this moment Elk is the coolest

Shia LeBoot on June 12, 2013, 05:09:36 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer
I read The Fall of Reach back in like 2003.  I remember it being actually very good.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I'm not reading all that shit and have no idea what you're arguing about but I feel confident in saying that one of you is profoundly retarded and the other one agrees with me.

Eddie Guns on July 09, 2013, 09:28:53 AM
Senior Lance
Frankly, I think the books are better than the games. There's a depth within the novels that I find interesting. It's simple, penny fiction, but it's good penny fiction.

DirtySailor on September 03, 2013, 11:20:06 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Cult Brutality
  • 0°=0°
  • O∴ L∴ S∴
^HP Lovecraft never published above the pulps in his lifetime, so I wouldn't just dismiss penny fiction as "penny fiction"

Ya never know.
When the heat death of the universe happens I bet the last Admin Marine will miss it because he has to run one more guys PAR.
American Black, Death and Doom Metal Blog
www.cultbrutality.tumblr.com

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on November 15, 2013, 01:27:08 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
Am currently reading the second of the Forerunner Saga. I exploded in my pants when Karen Traviss started writing Halo. But the vast majority of the Spartans-II's dying on reach still makes me a sad panda.

Wait until you read Ghosts of Onyx and onward.  You will be pleased.
theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: think about how many times you hold the door open for anyone or do something small for a stranger theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: women dont do that shit

npr on November 15, 2013, 07:29:46 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Sargento Mayor
  • Semper Fudge
Good video games with good books are awesome.  I need to catch up on the Halo storyline though, got behind after Halo 2 and such
대한민국 화이팅!

Ballsy McGee on November 16, 2013, 04:24:26 AM
Senior Lance
  • Too busy masturbating to give two shits
These are the ones I've read. First Strike has been to hell and back. I kept those messed up ones in my cargo pocket and read them all over the place various times when I was on ship. I can't really remember too much from them because it's been quite a few years since the last one I read. I do remember bits and pieces and I loved them First Strike was awesome. I think I read it twice.

Ive read all of those books, were there ever any more of them?
"My dick is incredibly aesthetic, aggresively average, and I wield it like Spartacus." -Cookie, my nigga my nigga

Caught internet VD a few times.

stitch1870 on November 16, 2013, 06:38:19 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Lance with an extra chevron
From my amazon "saved for later" list, I do have other halo books at home I just can't remember which ones
29PalmsGrunt:
Begin searching for a victim.
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

First Strike Deadly: Another promising conversation ruined by Brad
Today at 11:09:22 PM

Disclaimer: Not to be taken srsly.

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on November 27, 2013, 04:16:39 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
I love how the post Halo 3 books were worked into Halo 4.  I remember seeing the reveal trailer and shitting my pants when they said Promethean.  I was like HOLY FUCK FORERUNNERS.

Alas, they were just digital humans :(