* News!

I dunno, I just don't like being called a dog.
UB6IB9 on August 02, 2012, 08:12:15 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
My advice will be to just wait until you hit the fleet and realize what kind of environment your in. You don't want to be stationed out in a shitty place and have your command fuck you over and you have no time with her.

On the side not like most people say, keep her away from the barracks and don't go telling the whole world your married. You'll just be asking for the wrong type of invitation...

Rerun0369 on August 02, 2012, 11:07:07 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll Bn Female Analist
I will say it again, divorces, infidelity etc etc in the military is no more prevalent than it is outside the military. Don't believe me, look up the statistics. Lots of marriages make it fine through military life, but it takes the right kind of people. My wife and I have been married for 10 years on Aug 10th. The entire time I have been in the military. We have been through 6 deployments together, multiple 2 month field training excercises, and looooong workdays. She has never cheated on me, has stayed loyal and faithful. We have our problems like any maried couple, stupid fights and arguments, silent treatment etc. My wife works, goes to school, and is raising our 2 boys pretty much by herself. She also volunteers with the FRO system, which she does a good job dispelling rumors.

Military marriages work, they just take work and comittment. My best advice is stay dating through at least one full deployment. If she can handle it, and fully understands what being married to a service member entails, then I say go for it.
About that, give me a ring when this isn't Tumblrlance anymore

Halome on August 03, 2012, 12:21:20 AM
Terminal Lance
  • I'm not cool enough to put something fancy here.
I think everyone here is being overly negative. Any girl that's worth marrying outside the military is worth marrying inside the military.

Sure, there are some scummy whores that cuckold their husband...just like there are plenty of scummy guys who bang every piece in town while their wife waits at home loyally.

Here's my best general advice. If she's under 21, don't marry her. She isn't finished growing up yet, and the difference between an 18 year old and a 23 year old is more than 5 years, if you know what I mean. If she's older, she's gonna be more likely to be over the high school drama/the bar scene, and will make a better wife.

Also, if Quinn was a gold digger, I don't think she'd bang junior enlisted guys that live in the barracks. Jussayin.

You my friend don't know military gold diggers...

Military gold diggers don't usually have bachelor degrees or big girl jobs. Clearly you don't know them.
Maximilian [26|Aug 01:05 PM]:   It's not NSFW, the balls are fake.
Sgt Rod [26|Aug 01:05 PM]:   if bewbs are fake can we post them?

RyGuy on August 03, 2012, 12:45:40 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Member of the Custom Title-Having Cool Club
Halome you are talking to a dude who bangs trannies and claims not to be gay because he "only goes for the ones who look like females."

Clearly he is out of his element in anything he talks about
I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane, while people behind me are going insane. I'm an asshole!

Halome on August 03, 2012, 12:51:30 AM
Terminal Lance
Halome you are talking to a dude who bangs trannies and claims not to be gay because he "only goes for the ones who look like females."

Clearly he is out of his element in anything he talks about

True... I forgot his military gold diggers typically don't speak English and live in Thailand trying to find a route to the US.

J0EBL0GGS on August 03, 2012, 05:42:04 AM
I think everyone here is being overly negative. Any girl that's worth marrying outside the military is worth marrying inside the military.

Sure, there are some scummy whores that cuckold their husband...just like there are plenty of scummy guys who bang every piece in town while their wife waits at home loyally.

Here's my best general advice. If she's under 21, don't marry her. She isn't finished growing up yet, and the difference between an 18 year old and a 23 year old is more than 5 years, if you know what I mean. If she's older, she's gonna be more likely to be over the high school drama/the bar scene, and will make a better wife.

Also, if Quinn was a gold digger, I don't think she'd bang junior enlisted guys that live in the barracks. Jussayin.

Military gold diggers don't usually have bachelor degrees or big girl jobs. Clearly you don't know them.

Doesn't Quinn work the drive through at Burger Shits?

theguywhodidthething on August 03, 2012, 05:51:54 AM

InO, they pay better.

Molecule Inc. on August 03, 2012, 05:53:57 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
  • #FREEMYNIGGACPD!! #REINSTATESKI!! #BRINGBACKWL!!

InO, they pay better.
I don't think I would consider any job where the working population is made of 75% teenagers a "big girl job"

CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.

NSFgirl: No my whore  mouth remains wide open.

29PalmsGrunt on August 03, 2012, 07:28:41 AM
Terminal Lance
Stay single...ask for duty in 29, fuck a couple of Yetis, contract the creeping crud, get it out of your system, repeat.
^No chance in hell. Nice try though.lmao

She's mostly a homebody. She's going to school to be a preschool or elementary school teacher, but her favorite hobby is reading, so that's what she does with all of her spare time. We've been together through alot, unemployment, eviction, being long distances away from each other, etc. She SOMETIMES, but not always listens to her friends on dumb stuff (who doesn't), but nothing too serious. I naturally have trust (childhood) issues, but she knows it and we talked about it so she doesn't get mad if she stumbles on me going through her crap.lol (I know, sad. Don't judge me). My only worry is her getting TOO TOO lonely (meet my new friend Jody kind of lonely) and me coming home mad from the job. She talks everything personally, so if I came home and yelled at her, she'd probably cry.

As far as me cheating on her, even though I'm a guy and I get the random cravings to fuck everything in sight, I'd never cheat on her. Just not in my nature.
No Balls!!!

frankieb on August 03, 2012, 07:32:11 AM
Terminal Lance

Umm yeah... "Big girl jobs" entail dressing professionally and sitting at a desk; not standing at a drive thru window dispensing big macs.
Victim of the negative karma cocoa-bandit

Quinness on August 03, 2012, 07:39:42 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks
  • I just want an original purple rockstar.
They're Double Doubles, not Big Macs or McDoubles. That would be job #2, at night. I have a day job, in an office, with a desk and a special title and everything.

Besides, I'm more of a sugar mama than a gold digger.
☣ Zombie ☣ [11|Oct 08:13 AM]: NO, QUIN HAS A HORMONE IMBALENCE AND DOESNT FUNCTION LIKE THE REST OF HER SPECIES
Maximilian [15|Jan 11:44 AM]: Quinn taught me to dance on the pole.
3moose1: My wife is a WHORE.

Molecule Inc. on August 03, 2012, 07:45:29 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
  • #FREEMYNIGGACPD!! #REINSTATESKI!! #BRINGBACKWL!!
how can you be a sugarmama if your always complaining bout how broke you are ... besides, sugarmamas don't work 2 jerbs ... ;D

CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.

NSFgirl: No my whore  mouth remains wide open.

Suicide_Nooch on August 03, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Deployed
  • ~2 Guidons
The answer is completely dependent on her goals in life. If you're smart like me you'll bag a good one. She won't partake in any part of the Military life style that doesn't include you. Make sure your girl has her own goals in life and do everything you can to facilitate her accomplishing them. My wife and I did just fine. She didn't participate in any BS military spouse programs. We lived in DC so it was pretty easy to avoid this. She went to school and earned her degree shortly after I got out. We also had our own group of friends that weren't affiliated with the military in any way which really helped out. Also no matter how much you love her never bring her to the barracks. It's just not cool... If she has no goals and plans on doing nothing with her life besides sitting around base housing and complaining about how boring her life is, good luck and can't wait to hear your sob story.

On a side note, I didn't get married until my second enlistment. I'd recommend getting some time under your belt before you tie the knot. I had the upper hand of witnessing hundreds of failed marriages and knew what to avoid.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:56:11 AM by Suicide_Nooch »

Halome on August 03, 2012, 09:44:45 AM
Terminal Lance
how can you be a sugarmama if your always complaining bout how broke you are ... besides, sugarmamas don't work 2 jerbs ... ;D

I have girls that work at my bar at night after working their (as we call them) big girl Mon-Fri jobs during the day just to have more cash lying around so they can pay off things fast like cars, student loans, their houses, or to just pay for vacations out of the country every year. They don't NEED the jobs, they just do it because the money is good and they have the free time. Just because someone works two jobs doesn't necessarily mean they're broke, it means they know that shit isn't going to pay for itself.

Now to relate that to the thread to stay on topic since you guys like calling out a forum member for really no fucking reason - again, tag chasers tend to not have shit going for them in their personal life. Women with the discipline and willingness to work more than they have to just because they can, tend to have that ethic for more than just a couple years. If your potential wife has the ability to keep herself occupied like that, well then you probably found yourself one that's not going to stray.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:48:05 AM by Halome »

DJBluePyro on August 03, 2012, 09:51:45 AM
Boot
  • Uh... yea..
Alot of people say to wait until after my first deployment, but my MOS of choice is a little POGeriffic and with the war winding down and everything, I might not get deployed for a long time.

My wife and I did just fine. She didn't participate in any BS military spouse programs.

^So those spouse programs are no good? I thought they'd help her meet other spouses and get used to everything. But I don't want her meeting whores (no offense to non-whores).
$
( . Y . )
 )      (
(   Y   )
 \  |  /
 {}{}

Drunk Uncle PI on August 03, 2012, 09:56:34 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Terminal Drunk PI Troll PMO TB XO (AKA MOLES BITCH)
Best advice is to print this thread and bring it to boot camp.  Just before you get to the range you'll get something called a 'dear John' letter.  Then read this thread and be happy that she did you a favor. No need to get married this young .
5.9lcummins: my county married the first queers today
Today at 06:40:14 AM
5.9lcummins: flew a rainbow flag over the courthouse all day

Quinness on August 03, 2012, 09:59:24 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks
  • I just want an original purple rockstar.
My wife and I did just fine. She didn't participate in any BS military spouse programs.

^So those spouse programs are no good? I thought they'd help her meet other spouses and get used to everything. But I don't want her meeting whores (no offense to non-whores).

I've met a few great wives at the meetings/family days or whatever, who were sane/non-whorey. Granted, I've also met the girls who seemed sane, and 6 months later are bat shit crazy whores. It's like the Marines themselves - wide variety of crazy, take your pick which level you want to deal with.

Your girl is in school, right? Chances are, very few of the wives/girlfriends will be in the same situation, since most of them will be stay at home wives/moms. If you want her to make spouse friends without going to the meetings, I'd suggest you get to know the guys in your shop first and figure out which ones have wives/girlfriends who have lives outside of being a wife. (School, job, hobbies, etc.) Then go on a double date or something and see if they like each other.
☣ Zombie ☣ [11|Oct 08:13 AM]: NO, QUIN HAS A HORMONE IMBALENCE AND DOESNT FUNCTION LIKE THE REST OF HER SPECIES
Maximilian [15|Jan 11:44 AM]: Quinn taught me to dance on the pole.
3moose1: My wife is a WHORE.

usmarinestanker on August 03, 2012, 05:37:48 PM
Deployed
  • An Tir Dearg - local realm of the Belegarth Medieval Combat Society
  • General Mattis' two knife hands are their own MEF.

Just took a college class on this topic (marriage/relationships/human development). Women (and men, but mostly women) need time to 'discover themselves' and learn what they want in life before marriage. The ones who are 18 and jump into baby making and house keeping have mid-life crises and divorce/have affairs in their 30's/40's. It's a proven fact.

I got married when I was a terminal lance (Cpl. select  :'( ) awaiting med sep on an Army Base. My wife and I had been dating for 4 years at that point and we were both 24 when we got married and just barely mature enough / comfortable in our own skin. I still wanted to stay in the Marine Corps and was a retarded moto ass, and that stressed her out because she left her family to be with me after our long distance relationship, and had to put up with several months of active duty life, EAS, me adjusting to civilian life, and then us moving back to Michigan from Texas - pregnant.

I would strongly suggest that you guys wait at least a year - maybe even two - to get married. Experts suggest you only go through 1-2 'life events' per year to maintain mental health. The Marine Corps and moving/adjusting to your job is enough for you to not be able to successfully handle a new marriage. She's in the same boat, believe it or not. Patience is definitely going to be your friend here. Married life is not all peaches and cream even in the best of times. Routines set in, folks get bored, stupid shit builds up, and if your maturity level, trust and love of each other, and your communication skills are not up to par, then you're doomed to at least passive aggressive retaliatory sniping and sex-witholding, etc - and that's the 'pleasant' side of a fucked up marriage.

Only you know, but take it from someone who's been there. Life can be much easier if you wait. Who knows, she may be the perfect military spouse and you guys live happily ever after, or she could be a dependapotamos in hibernation. Preparation and communication between the two of you and with your religious/family/trusted and not-fucked-up friends will smooth the ride.

Best of luck and please don't have kids until you guys have been married a couple years. That's a whole other discussion though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:52:57 PM by usmarinestanker »

20030713 - 20061031
Phantom Fury
Medically Discharged 1 day before I picked up Corporal.
I wish I was a tanker

Halia on August 03, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
If you get married and decide to live on or off base military housing, keep your marital business to yourselves. Do not go disclosing anything to your neighbors.

First Strike Deadly on August 03, 2012, 07:52:04 PM
Terminal Lance
If you get married and decide to live on or off base military housing, keep your marital business to yourselves. Do not go disclosing anything to your neighbors.

With that point, if you fiance is a gossip...don't marry her.  Otherwise, all of her friends are going to grow to hate you, because all she'll do is talk shit about you to her friends every time you fuck up.  Like my brother's wife.

And sure, I understand "Who cares what they think".  The point is, why would you want to marry someone like that?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:56:06 PM by First Strike Deadly »

Halia on August 03, 2012, 07:59:22 PM

With that point, if you fiance is a gossip...don't marry her.  Otherwise, all of her friends are going to grow to hate you, because all she'll do is talk shit about you to her friends every time you fuck up.  Like my brother's wife.

And that kind of goes with what someone said earlier, military wives sitting around being bored. Gossip stems mostly from boredom. Encourage her to go to school, to better herself and to get her own career.

First Strike Deadly on August 03, 2012, 08:08:07 PM
Terminal Lance
And that kind of goes with what someone said earlier, military wives sitting around being bored. Gossip stems mostly from boredom. Encourage her to go to school, to better herself and to get her own career.

Okay, but it also stems from narcissism.  Which boredom has nothing to do with.  Both my sister-in-law and my brother (different brother) are narcissists.  They are the biggest gossips I know.  My SIL being the one to air out her and my brother's dirty laundry to her co-workers (when her worthless ass actually HAS a job), and to Facebook.  Oh, shit got BAD on Facebook a few years ago during a low point.  It wasn't fun for my family to see her say all this shit about my brother, when we all knew the truth about her. 

And my other brother is always up in everyone's business, talking shit, etc.  If anyone has plenty going on in his life, it's him.  But he's so far gone and obsessed with making himself feel good (because he's a miserable piece of shit at the root) that he needs to find anyone else to pick on.

SSGT Corvus on August 03, 2012, 09:29:44 PM
Terminal Lance
  • KGB Enforcer
  • Global Moderator
  • REMOVE KEBAB
Don't be one of those couples that's in a huge fucking hurry to have a ton of kids. Can't tell you how many young Airmen I've seen get married and then barely a month later wind up with a pregnant wife. Enjoy being young together, go on vacations, have a social life, and wait until you're more mentally and emotionally mature and ready to settle down to have a kid.
Can we just clone Corvus and have a Corvus-clone mod army?

damn03 on August 03, 2012, 09:42:52 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Terminal Lance BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY
  • gunny rolls, bitch
Don't be one of those couples that's in a huge fucking hurry to have a ton of kids. Can't tell you how many young Airmen I've seen get married and then barely a month later wind up with a pregnant wife. Enjoy being young together, go on vacations, have a social life, and wait until you're more mentally and emotionally mature and ready to settle down to have a kid.

this! times one million
(click to show/hide)

DustyLeFou on August 04, 2012, 07:26:58 AM
Terminal Lance
Statistically speaking, most Marines are marries by their second enlistment. First enlistment is waaay too busy with training, deployments and being slave driven. Never have kids while enlisted...shit's a headache.