* News!

Can you imagine trying to fight the Moon Spider Rebellion in this?
SgtFury on June 10, 2012, 08:19:04 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
The travel thread a guy just started reminded me of something:

I've purchased several firearms in the last several years, going back to about '02. Purchased one in '08, another in '09, and the last 2 (purchased then traded one for another) in '10. 3 long guns total in 10 years, plus the two pistols (traded after one month). the first pistol purchase was where I had a "WTF?" moment.

Walked into an outdoors place in SC in the Spring of '10 looking for a Sig I wanted real bad. Saved money and figured I'd pay cash (I'm a cash nazi these days). Guy behind the counter was well read on guns, and had me check out a few in .40 S&W chamber (my round of choice). I really liked the Springfield XD, although they're not made here anymore. Said screw it and filled out the application for the background check. When people do this it goes to a regional BATFSE or whatever circle jerk it is that coordinates with the FBI and whatnot. One curious thing I found is the SSN area up in the corner is optional (I asked). Guy calls the number, faxes, does whatever, and I wait for my gun.

Except on this particular day it wasn't gonna happen. Lady on the other end tells the salesman they have to hold my application until further notice. Guy explains this to me, then leans across the counter and asks in a low tone "Have you deployed, lately?". I still look kinda military even at my advanced age (37), although I don't have the motard look just shaved head and decent shape. There may have been something about military service on the app, can't remember. I lean over and say "No, in fact I got out in early '99. Haven't deployed since '97.".

By now another guy, wearing a shooting vest with all kinds of patches (POW/MIA, Marine stuff, etc., obviously a Vietnam Vet) joins in. They both go on to explain to me that white male veterans have been flagged left and right for gun purchases, probably by DHS. Remember the application? No SSN, but a physical description is filled out as part of the deal. That, along with personal info, is used for database searches for warrants and unsolved crimes (amongst other things). Here's the deal: From what I've been told DHS has been flagging vets since not long after Janet "Man Pants" Napolitano took over DHS in '09. 'Course we all remember her comment about "white male veterans" (or it may have been an internal deal, can't remember), that basically said white vets of Iraq and Ashcanistan were being "monitored". I put 2+2 together and figured they're flagging all white male vets, or ones with certain physical characteristics.

All I gotta say is I can't wait until Obama is out of office. I had no trouble purchasing guns at shows and shops before that incident. Not a bad experience, all in all, got the gun the next day but that was weird. Anyone else have this experience?

Common sense will not be tolerated.

crazy0317 on June 10, 2012, 08:24:21 PM
Boot
  • He's running, He's running, He's... shit he's dead
I dont know what your talking about ive bought over 80 firearms without being flagged yet. You must of pissed someone off or you live in a state with fucked up gun laws.
crockpotdefender03 [04|Jun 12:30 PM]:   crazy's gun collection is much better than brad's gun collection
crockpotdefender03 [04|Jun 12:30 PM]:   thus crazy > brad

Eddie Guns on June 10, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
Senior Lance
I'd put this on the gun shop. I've never heard of SSN being optional. How are they supposed to run a background check without it?

Linkovitch on June 10, 2012, 08:31:53 PM
Boot
No problems here.

fullmetaledges on June 10, 2012, 08:41:53 PM
I'd put this on the gun shop. I've never heard of SSN being optional. How are they supposed to run a background check without it?

SSN is totally optional on those checks.

Andy on June 10, 2012, 08:42:00 PM
Terminal Lance
  • I wish I could hate you to death
haven't bought a gun since 06 or 07, so not a clue, and I was gitting the itch to buy a rifle, dunno now.
I know E-2s who could win Oscars with their lying/acting skills.

SgtFury on June 10, 2012, 08:42:16 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!

Good point I'll have to consider that in the future, although now I'm back in NY so who knows what kind of BS I'll have to put up with here. I know an FFL guy here in town who could probably get me stuff from online gun retailers.

crockpotdefender03 on June 10, 2012, 08:46:36 PM
Deployed
  • Restriction
  • The world is my toliet!
You need to stop buying from gun stores and start buying all your guns face to face, cash and carry. If you're dealing with anything that requires paperwork like suppressors, short barrels, or full auto then of course go with a FFL. Otherwise stick with cash and carry without a bill of sale. 

stitch1870 on June 10, 2012, 08:51:12 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Lance with an extra chevron
I work at a gun store and see this more than you'd think. To be honest, the "delay" hold is more often than not just a fuck up on FBI side, computers are slow or whatever. We've no shit had uniformed police officers walk in to buy a personal sidearm and get put on delay for no reason. It's not the "veteran" status I promise you, if you want a more thorough response let me know, I'll put it in PMs if you want or put it loud and proud here for everyone to know but I'm on tapatalk right now and don't feel like typing more than I already am.
29PalmsGrunt:
Begin searching for a victim.
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

First Strike Deadly: Another promising conversation ruined by Brad
Today at 11:09:22 PM

Disclaimer: Not to be taken srsly.

Corvus on June 10, 2012, 08:53:59 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Yankee Imperialist
  • Global Moderator
  • REMOVE KEBAB
I bought something like 4 military firearms since I got back from deployment a few months ago, and so far the only trouble I've had has been making room for them all in my gun safe. Seriously, if the feds were trying to tag returning vets as being unstable or domestic terrorists in the making or whatever, you'd best believe they'd do something about the 21 year old who less than a week after he gets home, goes and buys an AK-74, an M76 sniper rifle, an old bolt-action, a handgun, and a shit ton of ammo.

Dunno what the hell you're talking about OP, sounds like some "OBAMA GUNNA GIT OUR GURNS" fearmongering to me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:56:09 PM by SrA Corvus »
Can we just clone Corvus and have a Corvus-clone mod army?

Urukai Warrior on June 10, 2012, 09:05:46 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN UVA
  • THE ONE KNOWN AS:WOLF
Meh im an 18 year old who just bought an M1A had no problems.
Stocious :   I can already see it: "PFC Django is a motivated hard-charger specializing in cashing checks and snapping necks. At six feet four, hung to the floor, 240 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal, he is an object of lust to women worldwide, and a truly living menace to the Taliban.

octagonaway on June 10, 2012, 09:10:45 PM
Terminal Lance
  • I'm a Boot!
I heard Obama is flagging white male veterans from buying guns so all of the gays can buy them and have shotgun weddings.

SgtFury on June 10, 2012, 09:13:10 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
I heard Obama is flagging white male veterans from buying guns so all of the gays can buy them and have shotgun weddings.

LOL at this point I guess I'll just chalk it up to the FBI or store or whatever fucking it up. No biggie.

I'm just paranoid about certain stuff and that one threw me for a loop.

stitch1870 on June 10, 2012, 09:13:37 PM
Terminal Lance
Ok, now I have my laptop so here goes wall of text. When you're put on delay its usually nothing more than slow processing on FBI's end, or them ensuring you are who the application says you are (hint hint filling out the SSN helps prevents this). Whenever we have a customer get put on hold/delay we tell them to expect a call with us within 3 days saying either "yes you're approved" or "sorry sucker, no gun for you". If the customer receives neither, to come in on that third day and to pick up the gun because that's the time frame the FBI has to outright deny a delayed application. In Tx you still fill out the 4470 when buying a gun but if you have a valid CHL you walk away with the gun right after that, no call in to the FBI because the background check process to hold a CHL is more thorough than that of a normal 4470 call in. Now whether the state you're in has an additional delay period on that 3 days is up to that state, I'm not well versed in other states until it comes time for me to cross state lines and then I make sure where I'm valid to conceal carry. All in all, don't take it to heart, you'll probably be able to pick it up soon anyway. Hope this helps.
29PalmsGrunt:
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

Healer Guts on June 10, 2012, 09:50:52 PM
Terminal Lance
  • FB
  • Troll Bn Chaser HUGE GUTS RIP AND TEAR
  • When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone.
fuck all you queers, i have to wait 10 fucking days regardless, and i've never had a hiccup with buying a firearm.
(click to show/hide)
Xbox Name: Hell Mel64
DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!

stitch1870 on June 10, 2012, 09:54:16 PM
Terminal Lance
Umadbrah? Find a better state :D
29PalmsGrunt:
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

Healer Guts on June 10, 2012, 10:02:04 PM
Terminal Lance
  • FB
yeah i know, I'm moving to colorado after school to open a gun store with Kalashnikov marine
(click to show/hide)
DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!

stitch1870 on June 10, 2012, 10:15:19 PM
Terminal Lance
Speaking of which, where the hell has he been?
29PalmsGrunt:
Advance on her
Make sexual comment
Continue to follow her
Insert penis
Secure the evidence

Quite Acceptable on June 10, 2012, 10:29:40 PM
Senior Lance
  • Super pogue
NOBAMA IS TAKING AWAY OUR GUNS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Remember kids: Correlation does not equal causation.  Get the facts before you start assuming some dumb bullshit.

Healer Guts on June 10, 2012, 10:33:03 PM
Terminal Lance
  • FB
Speaking of which, where the hell has he been?
colorado still. i dont think he posts here anymore
(click to show/hide)

ConKeeper on June 10, 2012, 10:59:52 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Fueling the Fight rah?
I've bought like 6 guns or so in the past 3 years and I've never had a problem. I always walk out same day, even with pistols. I always fill out the social. The guy that I buy from said its just so they can get a 100% match to you. If it makes it easier, I've got nothing to hide or nothing I'm worried about.
Copecwby20 [07|Jun 08:43 AM]:   it's just as spontaneous if they gal says "Hey, go run your dick under the faucet, I'm about to blow the shit out of you"

First Strike Deadly on June 10, 2012, 11:00:48 PM
Terminal Lance
After Googling, I don't get any results regarding Napolitano and this "White male veterans" comment.  Do you have any sources?

theguywhodidthething on June 10, 2012, 11:57:21 PM
There is no veteran "no buy list", i've worked there.
I will admit that DHS has sent a lot of publications out to local PDs and state docs (the brain wizard ones) that veterans are capable of an incredibly higher amount of damage and to the mental side of things how to best handle a vet in stressful situations.

polpotroast on June 11, 2012, 12:03:45 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Militant as fuck
After Googling, I don't get any results regarding Napolitano and this "White male veterans" comment.  Do you have any sources?

The DHS noted in a memo, which was leaked, that security officials nationwide should be vigilant about investigating right-wing extremists, probably in light of the angst held against Obama.  The memo lists veterans as one of many groups of potential right-wing threats.  There was a separate memo discussing left-wing extremists, which also included veterans, but that didn't receive any media focus.  Basically, a big deal was made over nothing, after everyone started flipping shit.

Nothing was ever said about race or gender.  It just lists several potential right-wing extremist groups, and veterans appear as one.

Many vets were filled with unnecessary butthurt.

The end.
crockpotdefender03: sometimes i jerk it til i almost bust and stop
Today at 03:14:59 PM
crockpotdefender03: just so it'll be more for her
Today at 03:15:16 PM
Quinness: .....
Today at 03:15:42 PM
crockpotdefender03: i see nothing wrong with that
Today at 03:17:24 PM

thisguy0316 on June 11, 2012, 04:23:29 AM
Boot
  • Hooyah ass pipe!
I hear OBONGO is gonna pass a law which makes it illegal for white, male, godfearing patriotic 'muricans to have guns or lift kits on our trucks. Then we're gonna have to give all the guns to black gay muslim ACLU abortion doctor lawyers with criminal records. Can you believe OBUMMER thinks he can git away with this? RABBLE!
"It was in that year [1969] that U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first to step on the moon, and uttered the legendary phrase, "Where are you, God, you fucking cocoa-bandit? Come and get me!""