* News!

Can you imagine trying to fight the Moon Spider Rebellion in this?
pedromcmillian on March 16, 2012, 08:07:48 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2012/03/ap-marine-charged-in-beating-was-drinking-031612/

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — Witnesses say a 19-year-old Marine lance corporal accused of beating his roommate to death with a crowbar in their Camp Pendleton barracks was drinking heavily and battling depression at the time.

U-T San Diego says the testimony was given during a preliminary hearing Thursday for Darren Evans.

Evans is facing a possible court-martial in connection with the Nov. 5 death of Lance Cpl. Mario Arias Jr.

Lance Cpl. James Hogness testified that on the night of Arias' death, Evans was drinking clear alcohol and was slurring his words.

Witnesses testified Evans' alcohol consumption and depression spiraled out of control after a Labor Day visit to a girlfriend, and he was put on unofficial suicide watch because he threatened to kill himself.

The hearing is scheduled to resume Friday.

I guess this is why Marines can't have nice things????

GrnBltNinja on March 17, 2012, 04:21:15 AM
Senior Lance
  • Me Gusta ( . Y . )
nothing really out of the ordinary here

Waffen on March 17, 2012, 07:09:02 AM
Senior Lance
  • The Lord of All Horses
  • Ours is the Fury
nothing really out of the ordinary here

Gordon Freeman!?

6176POG on March 17, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
Recruit
  • "Please Say ATAF so I can go home and get drunk!"
This whole thing still hits a little close to home. I knew Mario pretty damn well, he lived across the hall from me while we were in MOS school in Pensacola, and I remember Evans a little bit from when I first got there too. You expect to lose friends when their bird goes down or there's an accident on the flight line, or even a fucking car/bike wreck back in the states, but when someone gets beaten to death by their roomate, I don't know how, but it makes it a little tougher to deal with.
"Marines, I only have one thing for you. This weekend, please, for the love of God, do not add to or subtract from the population"

runcible on March 17, 2012, 08:13:09 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Most of the time, your friend dying doesn't leave you hating the friend\acquaintance that lives.

...unless it's the fucking shitbird telling you that the well liked gunner took a round and an IED hit in the same space in time, because he was to afraid of being made fun of, to speak up about the IED he saw clearly before he ran over it, and the ambush began.

6176POG on March 17, 2012, 08:17:56 PM
Recruit
  • "Please Say ATAF so I can go home and get drunk!"
Most of the time, your friend dying doesn't leave you hating the friend\acquaintance that lives.

It's not that I hate the guy. I mean, yeah, he killed my friend, I would like to see justice done such as life sentence in the brig/death penalty. But that's how I feel all murderers should be dealt with.
"Marines, I only have one thing for you. This weekend, please, for the love of God, do not add to or subtract from the population"

clance on March 17, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
Boot
  • Colt .45 - It works every time
they were with hmlat-303

that explains it all.  I got plenty of stories from my days in their barracks

DaWeez on March 18, 2012, 09:48:49 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Wears the Lowest of the Low Fades
  • Man... Fuck This
Old story is old, and try living in the room next to where this happened. And standing duty in the hospital where Evans was being treatd after his leap of faith... This is why I hate CMT. Always fucking it up for permanent personnel. Lil immature cock sucks...
Uncle Sam got his, now I'm gettin mine.