* News!

Happy Veteran's Day!
GrnBltNinja on March 27, 2012, 06:57:13 AM
Senior Lance
  • Me Gusta ( . Y . )
Disturbing issues that the video by Katy Perry creates:

1. Girls wanting to emulate Katy Perry will try to enlist and potentially be allowed in. Stating in the video when she is carrying her m16 through a village that she is "sparkly"...wow. You know there are chicks crazy enough and delusional enough to actually join to be like Katy Perry in the video. I don't argue that some WMs join for good reasons and do their job well, but wtf...

2. The Marine Corps allowed her to shoot this and Marines actually participate in the making of this video. This "softer" Corps that the the brass is pushing is a direction that I was ok with until now. How soft are we going to go and at what point are we going to stop at?

3. Although this is only entertainment and I understand that. How do you guys feel about the fact she is using something many of us almost gave our life up for and some of our friends did? She is making the point that being a Marine is strong and I understand that, but men have died wearing that same uniform.

4. As a combat Veteran and a former grunt, I feel a little disgusted about this video. No one ever asked me, guys who saw even worse combat, or guys who got shot or blown up if we wanted to be represented by Katy Perry for entertainment purposes. The money she received from the song and the video isn't lining the pockets of fallen Marines families, it is going to the record label and Katy Perry.

This video just irks me a little and 30 years ago the Corps would have never allowed this kind of exposure. We are a branch of the military that fights wars, not an escape for someone with a broken heart...Im not AD anymore, but I know that I didn't sacrifice 4 years of my life and go on two combat deployments to become a form of entertainment. The "new" Marine Corps that your drill instructors always talked about from 2000-2008/09 was not a reality because we were still a badass group of mofos and America saw us that way. This 2012 Marine Corps is honestly "new" and I am glad I am not part of it.

Not even joking, Chest Puller is actually turning in his grave right now.

There is this place, a fanstastic place where the Marine Corps sends its retired derpy guys who get to relive the good old days.

Because you are so old and salty I will direct you how to find it.

Type in www.leatherneck.com in the URL box. Hit enter. Derp.

Bye now.
@googly...UMAD BRO?

Malhavoc on March 27, 2012, 07:14:52 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Bobcat Greaser
  • You want to do what?

DirtySailor on March 27, 2012, 09:12:21 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Cult Brutality
  • 0°=0°
  • O∴ L∴ S∴

1. Girls wanting to emulate Katy Perry will try to enlist and potentially be allowed in. Stating in the video when she is carrying her m16 through a village that she is "sparkly"...wow. You know there are chicks crazy enough and delusional enough to actually join to be like Katy Perry in the video. I don't argue that some WMs join for good reasons and do their job well, but wtf...

2. The Marine Corps allowed her to shoot this and Marines actually participate in the making of this video. This "softer" Corps that the the brass is pushing is a direction that I was ok with until now. How soft are we going to go and at what point are we going to stop at?

3. Although this is only entertainment and I understand that. How do you guys feel about the fact she is using something many of us almost gave our life up for and some of our friends did? She is making the point that being a Marine is strong and I understand that, but men have died wearing that same uniform.

4. As a combat Veteran and a former grunt, I feel a little disgusted about this video. No one ever asked me, guys who saw even worse combat, or guys who got shot or blown up if we wanted to be represented by Katy Perry for entertainment purposes. The money she received from the song and the video isn't lining the pockets of fallen Marines families, it is going to the record label and Katy Perry.

This video just irks me a little and 30 years ago the Corps would have never allowed this kind of exposure. We are a branch of the military that fights wars, not an escape for someone with a broken heart...Im not AD anymore, but I know that I didn't sacrifice 4 years of my life and go on two combat deployments to become a form of entertainment. The "new" Marine Corps that your drill instructors always talked about from 2000-2008/09 was not a reality because we were still a badass group of mofos and America saw us that way. This 2012 Marine Corps is honestly "new" and I am glad I am not part of it.

There is this place, a fanstastic place where the Marine Corps sends its retired derpy guys who get to relive the good old days.

Because you are so old and salty I will direct you how to find it.

Type in www.leatherneck.com in the URL box. Hit enter. Derp.

Bye now.
I like you. +1

WHAT THE FUCK?????????
When the heat death of the universe happens I bet the last Admin Marine will miss it because he has to run one more guys PAR.
American Black, Death and Doom Metal Blog
www.cultbrutality.tumblr.com

StuckinNola on March 27, 2012, 09:33:10 AM
Boot
  • I wear boots

I hear what you're saying.  However I'll can think is, "yep, I'd fuck her" so your point is not relevant.

Bozzy on March 27, 2012, 09:36:49 AM
Senior Lance
  • hi
It seems grunts might have a different mentality than other people do about the corps.

I agree with googly, glad I got out and am not a part of that bullshit.

A majority of you misinterpret his message, he mentioned that men and women have died while wearing the uniform and although the wars are dying down in Afghanistan, the reporters start coming out of the "woodwork" and wait, literally wait....for the military to fuck up and of course its always the marine corps that does a majority of the countries fighting, alongside with the army. But for some reason, they find it more entertaining and less-appreciative that the men and women volunteered to be here, but then they go and condemn them faster than you can realize. I don't give a fuck that Katy Perry made a video, I think it has some good views to it, but it was not accurate what so ever, and the corps is just fine with it.

I was glad I was a Marine, I was glad I served with them, but I would never go back in. Full of bullshit now and the higher ups think they now know what they are doing. Amos and this new SgtMaj are a bunch of fuckwits.

funkymustafa on March 27, 2012, 09:43:11 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Pro-Tesla, Anti-Edison
No opinion either way as far as Amos.

SgtMaj Barrett otoh is fucking awesome and the kind of leader everyone should aspire to be.
If you like adventure,
Don't you wait to enter,
The recruiting office fast!
Don't you hesitate,
There is no need to wait,
They're signing up new devils fast!

Halome on March 27, 2012, 09:47:50 AM
Terminal Lance
  • I'm not cool enough to put something fancy here.
There's no need to analyze this shit so much. Stupid emotionally broken chicks were joining before the video, its not like this will change anything.

THIS

I'm here, aren't I?

trololololololol
Maximilian [26|Aug 01:05 PM]:   It's not NSFW, the balls are fake.
Sgt Rod [26|Aug 01:05 PM]:   if bewbs are fake can we post them?

Quinness on March 27, 2012, 09:48:40 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks
  • I just want an original purple rockstar.
Fran: I think I need to get out of the gun club. I saw Katy Perry's new music video, and it's Katy Perry, so I want to bone her, but she's a WM in the video so it's making me not want. I think any organization that makes me question sex with Katy Perry is bad and I need to leave it.
Quinny: Don't worry, you're ok. Every dude in the corps has the same confused boner you do right now.
Fran: Really? Thanks.
☣ Zombie ☣ [11|Oct 08:13 AM]: NO, QUIN HAS A HORMONE IMBALENCE AND DOESNT FUNCTION LIKE THE REST OF HER SPECIES
Maximilian [15|Jan 11:44 AM]: Quinn taught me to dance on the pole.
3moose1: My wife is a WHORE.

Meyer0331 on March 27, 2012, 09:51:50 AM
Fran: I think I need to get out of the gun club. I saw Katy Perry's new music video, and it's Katy Perry, so I want to bone her, but she's a WM in the video so it's making me not want. I think any organization that makes me question sex with Katy Perry is bad and I need to leave it.
Quinny: Don't worry, you're ok. Every dude in the corps has the same confused boner you do right now.

This should go in the Hard Sayings logbook thread since it's actually funny.

Meyer0331 on March 27, 2012, 09:55:25 AM

First of all, this video won't increase female enlistment by even .00001%. At best, it will only increase the amount of "I almost enlisted in the Marines once" stories from females by maybe 1%.

Also, lulzing at everyone being so afraid of women joining for the "wrong reasons" as if men don't do the same thing in record numbers.

1. High School joke/wimp/outcast/tard
2. "I'll join the Marines and show them all!"
3. COOKIE'S A BOOTCOOKIE'S A BOOT
4. Profit
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:10:57 AM by Meyer0331 »

Shia LeBoot on March 27, 2012, 10:02:44 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer

I agree with googly, glad I got out and am not a part of that bullshit.

Then you are both wrong.  I don't hear you folks crying about actors potraying Marines in movies.

Sent from the Newt Gingrich's moon base using aliens
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:04:33 AM by Fox »
I'm not reading all that shit and have no idea what you're arguing about but I feel confident in saying that one of you is profoundly retarded and the other one agrees with me.

JP_Playboy on March 27, 2012, 10:58:29 AM
Deployed
  • Gigitty
So I just realized you all brought this thread back to life. As you can see in the video, most of it was shot in horno. The O course, the 1/4 grinder, the horno swim tank. Now as far as the hump, they took 30 minutes doing it so she didn't really do the hump. And she was extremely humble and listened to what all the Marines had to say about how to move or act. So if anyone is pissed off at what she is doing in any part of the video, blame the female wm's that are in it because thats where she got all of her advice. And I see in the video that she has nametapes on some of the shots, which is weird cause she definately didn't have any on when she was in horno. I don't know how they pulled that one off. over all, the video wasn't TOO bad. Still hate seeing people play marine and thats what they pull away from it. That any person can do it. Not true. But at least she was extremely humbnle about it in every interview I've seen so far.
"The younger the berry, I'd fuck it"

RustyJ17 on March 27, 2012, 12:03:03 PM
Deployed
  • Troll BN Fluffer Stuffer
  • Running Jaguar

There are very few things I hate more than a confused boner
"Just do whatever you want until someone yells at you to stop, wait until they leave, then keep doing whatever you were doing.
-Wesch

Meyer0331 on March 27, 2012, 12:25:35 PM

There are very few things I hate more than a confused boner

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4BQ-Kmoim8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4BQ-Kmoim8</a>

funkymustafa on March 27, 2012, 12:35:39 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Pro-Tesla, Anti-Edison
You all know what the worst part of this by far is now, right?

Somebody will make a youtube video asking Katy Perry to this year's ball.
If you like adventure,
Don't you wait to enter,
The recruiting office fast!
Don't you hesitate,
There is no need to wait,
They're signing up new devils fast!

mottoboot on March 27, 2012, 01:49:24 PM

Credit goes to Mottoboot and his motivating paintball pose.

Never said shit abt Battle LA...

Quinness on March 27, 2012, 01:53:53 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks

DO IT MAX!!! Didie will let you as long as Katy agrees to let her design the dress.
☣ Zombie ☣ [11|Oct 08:13 AM]: NO, QUIN HAS A HORMONE IMBALENCE AND DOESNT FUNCTION LIKE THE REST OF HER SPECIES

wolfie on March 27, 2012, 02:16:40 PM
Senior Lance
  • WW2 Reenactors on the West Coast (I'm with the 442nd RCT)
  • A Dapper Marine

Before the video probably like a 50% chance. More so now. But its not like the newest Marine fad isn't going to continue next year.

Credit goes to Mottoboot and his motivating paintball pose.

Never said shit abt Battle LA...

You didn't have to. We knew. We always knew.
"We don't get paid enough to do stuff." -Griff

Sage words from a Recon Marine regarding the relationship he has with the Marine Corps: "The way I always explain it it's like football...I love the game, and my team, but I fucking hate the coach and the school I play for."

Malhavoc on March 27, 2012, 10:22:45 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Bobcat Greaser
  • You want to do what?
mätōboot

Quinness on April 18, 2012, 10:40:00 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks
Rumors I don't believe because they're not on TL:

Katy Perry was too scared to shoot the M16, and when she finally did, dropped it and started crying. All the marines laughed and she called them arrogant assholes.

SMK on April 18, 2012, 11:49:24 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Semper Gumby

Katy Perry was too scared to shoot the M16, and when she finally did, dropped it and started crying. All the marines laughed and she called them arrogant assholes.
Def bs.
THE Golden Shellback

DirtySailor on April 18, 2012, 11:50:04 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Cult Brutality
  • 0°=0°
  • O∴ L∴ S∴

You have GOT to be fist fucking me sideways!
When the heat death of the universe happens I bet the last Admin Marine will miss it because he has to run one more guys PAR.

Pippin on April 18, 2012, 12:44:31 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Mo' Fukn PIPPIN BITCHES
Anybody read the shit that Naomi Wolf put out about the video? What a fist fuckin boobaloo that whore is.

Thorin001 on April 18, 2012, 01:33:49 PM
Deployed
  • My pee pee hurts.

I seriously doubt it. I know I would have heard about that.
In the Marine Corps we waste more time before 0800 than most people waste all day.

DirtySailor on April 18, 2012, 01:47:04 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Cult Brutality
  • 0°=0°
  • O∴ L∴ S∴
Anybody read the shit that Naomi Wolf put out about the video? What a fist fuckin flower that whore is.

I just looked up what you are talking about. This lady is an idiot. Just a few quotes.

Trade in your bad boyfriend for a hot AK-47!

There is something else about the video: it feels … like an ad; specifically, a focus-grouped, consumer-tested ad to attract more women to join the Marines.

Except that no WM will ever do the things she did in the video.

You may notice pro-US-military themes appearing with increasing regularity in cultural products ranging from Christmas movies such as Arthur Christmas, in which Santa, in a general's outfit, is running a high-tech special ops center at the North Pole, and his elves are in camouflage uniforms, to the popular video game Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Yes...she just said that.

...the US military is increasingly investing resources in Hollywood, making sure that films that portray the US military in a positive light (think Top Gun) get full backing and in-kind help, while leaving films that show the darker side of war (think Full Metal Jacket) to struggle financially.

Full Metal Jacket...hmmm...never heard of it. Guess it must have really not done well because I sure as hell don't remember it. I guess Hollywood must not have a lot of money.

::)

A more realistic portrayal of military life might note that no one threw them a parade after the end of the Iraq war, and no one bothered to thank them for their service.

I am going to write congress and demand I be paid in parades and thank you cards, goddamit! She's right! The fuck's wrong with you people!?

"I am fighting for my colleagues" – because they know they can't say that they are truly fighting for their country.

Sauce?

A glossy, seductive "war is fun when you can't get a date" pop video is over in three minutes. The truth about the darker side of military experience – trauma, injury, and the loss of loved ones – endures for ever.

The military sucks. This is not some state secret you have just blown the whistle on. You would be hard pressed to find the idiot who is under the impression that the military is a glossy, seductive experience.

Scientists in fields as diverse as geology and physics are now complaining that military millions are skewing the roster of what gets funded and what doesn't (meaning, what gets studied and what doesn't).

Shut up. No they aren't. The military doesn't pay me shit. However, the physics department at my college (that's my major) is fucking swimming in money. Military budget cuts are up the wazoo right now. Fuck you, you stupid idiot. Do your research.

This lady makes me both angry and laugh at the same time. Holy shit, why are hippies so fucking stupid?

EDIT: Reading the comment section on the article gives me hope for humanity yet. Seems everyone commenting is lambasting her too. She might have had a chance had she not committed journalistic suicide via Godwin's law in paragraph 3 of her article, which I sadly neglected to quote.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:55:29 PM by DirtySailor »