* News!

Current theories suggest its used as a kind of particle accelerator, as this would explain how information can be passed around the Lance Corporal Underground near the speed of light.
Molecule Inc. on May 23, 2012, 11:59:32 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
  • #FREEMYNIGGACPD!! #REINSTATESKI!! #BRINGBACKWL!!
Under the FY12 veerp MARADMINS it states
(C. MARINES WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SEPARATION PAY UPON NORMAL EAS, WHO ELECT, AND ARE APPROVED FOR EARLY RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNDER THIS MARADMIN, WILL RETAIN THEIR ENTITLEMENT TO SEPARATION PAY PROVIDED THEY HAVE COMPLETED 6 YEARS OF ACTIVE SERVICE PRIOR TO THE DAY OF EARLY RELEASE (NEW EAS) FROM ACTIVE DUTY. MARINES ARE REMINDED THAT EARLY RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNDER THIS MARADMIN COULD AFFECT THE AMOUNT OF THEIR SEPARATION PAY. REFS E AND F PRESCRIBE THE METHOD OF COMPUTING SEPARATION PAY. FURTHERMORE, IF EARLY RELEASE WOULD DISQUALIFY MARINES FOR SEPARATION PAY DUE TO LENGTH OF SERVICE CRITERIA UNDER THE LAW, MARINES WILL NOT BE RELEASED FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNTIL THEIR SERVICE LENGTH CRITERIA HAS BEEN MET)
So from my understanding of this you would still rate separation pay. How do you go about getting this.
Yeah you rate it ... in FY 12 ... i guess i should have been more clearer about that, sorry ... you must first get approved for your seps pay then request the veerp ... if you do it the other way around, it won't look so favorable.

ALSO
THE NEW VEERP IS OUT!!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:04:50 PM by Molecule Inc. »

CTRL+ALT+DELETE, TAB, ENTER, ENTER. My day is over.
Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.

NSFgirl: No my whore  mouth remains wide open.

usmc0811 on May 23, 2012, 12:03:03 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Thats why im wondering as of right now how would i apply for i am assuming the new will be similiar i am just worndering so i can start preparing.

Molecule Inc. on May 23, 2012, 12:04:36 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
Thats why im wondering as of right now how would i apply for i am assuming the new will be similiar i am just worndering so i can start preparing.
your jammer does that for you ... ;D

Cpl Verde: Yoss's starfish thinks it knows everything about poop and will correct your starfish on proper pooping procedure.

usmc0811 on May 23, 2012, 12:06:42 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Yeah i asked him if i was able to do the involutary and use the veerp. he couldnt even answer that question.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:09:30 PM by usmc0811 »

Molecule Inc. on May 23, 2012, 12:08:30 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
Yeah i asked him if i was able to do and he couldnt even answer that question.
some of my counterparts do suck ... for that i apologize ...

usmc0811 on May 23, 2012, 12:27:21 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Yeah Im just trying to figure out the process and if i will have to be denied re-enlistment before i can start this process or not. Im trying to get everything figured out now instead of waiting til last minute to figure out everything.

usmc0811 on May 23, 2012, 12:47:33 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Do you have any info on getting voluntary separations pay. I know it is limited to targeted MOS and it say SSGt and Majors is that all that is going to be able to use it or will other ranks be able to also.

Molecule Inc. on May 23, 2012, 01:11:38 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
Do you have any info on getting voluntary separations pay. I know it is limited to targeted MOS and it say SSGt and Majors is that all that is going to be able to use it or will other ranks be able to also.
The Payout (voluntary seps) is only for SSgt's/Maj's that have not reached 15yrs of service and not qualify for the TERA.  It will not be (from my understanding) for any other ranks.

yeyo909 on May 23, 2012, 01:15:16 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Dont see any message for the fy13 veerp!!!

Molecule Inc. on May 23, 2012, 01:58:09 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
^ noob ... 8)

GuerraGirl on May 24, 2012, 05:04:19 AM
Recruit
  • Soooo Not a Boot.
Has anyone visited the Manpower Website today? They have a curious little item on their Drawdown Information page that popped up yesterday. It says "VEERP Requests" and when you click on it it takes you to an excel doc with a few "Approvals" listed? Does this mean they are accepting applications for this program despite the lack of MARADMIN? If anyone has information that will be helpful please let me know. All I want to do is EAS at the same time as my husband so we can move together to Texas and go to school... I unfortunately have a pretty lame Career Planner and any extra effort from him is out of the question. Please help.

Molecule Inc. on May 24, 2012, 05:24:24 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
Has anyone visited the Manpower Website today? They have a curious little item on their Drawdown Information page that popped up yesterday. It says "VEERP Requests" and when you click on it it takes you to an excel doc with a few "Approvals" listed? Does this mean they are accepting applications for this program despite the lack of MARADMIN? If anyone has information that will be helpful please let me know. All I want to do is EAS at the same time as my husband so we can move together to Texas and go to school... I unfortunately have a pretty lame Career Planner and any extra effort from him is out of the question. Please help.
What you are looking at is an example of how the spread sheet should look like when it is sent to them.  I don't think a SSGT SUPERAWESOME exists or a CPL SQUARED AWAY ... I have a Jammer thread going, so feel free to post there if you have any questions, I think everyone on the site can attest that I try my hardest to point you in the right direction.

FARMBOY444 on May 24, 2012, 05:36:15 AM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Molecule... dick move :'(
 b/c of the VEERP IS OUT POST
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:14:38 AM by FARMBOY444 »

Molecule Inc. on May 24, 2012, 05:41:05 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
Molecule... dick move :'(

??? ... I dont get it ... how is that a dick move?

GuerraGirl on May 24, 2012, 05:57:21 AM
Recruit
  • Soooo Not a Boot.
I kinda figured it was just an example page, but at least now I know they are prepping for when they are inundated with requests...

PerfektDemon on May 24, 2012, 08:16:46 AM
Recruit
  • CS Sniffer
Under the FY12 veerp MARADMINS it states
(C. MARINES WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SEPARATION PAY UPON NORMAL EAS, WHO ELECT, AND ARE APPROVED FOR EARLY RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNDER THIS MARADMIN, WILL RETAIN THEIR ENTITLEMENT TO SEPARATION PAY PROVIDED THEY HAVE COMPLETED 6 YEARS OF ACTIVE SERVICE PRIOR TO THE DAY OF EARLY RELEASE (NEW EAS) FROM ACTIVE DUTY. MARINES ARE REMINDED THAT EARLY RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNDER THIS MARADMIN COULD AFFECT THE AMOUNT OF THEIR SEPARATION PAY. REFS E AND F PRESCRIBE THE METHOD OF COMPUTING SEPARATION PAY. FURTHERMORE, IF EARLY RELEASE WOULD DISQUALIFY MARINES FOR SEPARATION PAY DUE TO LENGTH OF SERVICE CRITERIA UNDER THE LAW, MARINES WILL NOT BE RELEASED FROM ACTIVE DUTY UNTIL THEIR SERVICE LENGTH CRITERIA HAS BEEN MET)
So from my understanding of this you would still rate separation pay. How do you go about getting this.
Yeah you rate it ... in FY 12 ... i guess i should have been more clearer about that, sorry ... you must first get approved for your seps pay then request the veerp ... if you do it the other way around, it won't look so favorable.

ALSO
THE NEW VEERP IS OUT!!
(click to show/hide)

I just came from usmc.mil and you still got me.  Asshole!  :o

Quite Acceptable on May 25, 2012, 03:59:18 AM
Senior Lance
  • Super pogue
The Payout (voluntary seps) is only for SSgt's/Maj's that have not reached 15yrs of service and not qualify for the TERA.  It will not be (from my understanding) for any other ranks.

Can you point to the message that says this?

abc88 on May 25, 2012, 08:54:40 AM
Recruit
I do not think molecule is correct on the seps pay or at least I hope he is not. To my understanding its going to target Major's and Staff Sergeants as well as Marines in targeted MOS's. On the drawdown brief on the 7th slide it talks about force shaping authorities available. If you take a look at this slide in the 4th column it says the payments for the seps pay program and it says 'up to 40% base pay x YOS' and then it shows examples - SSgt w/14 YOS=$118,059 -Sgt w/10 YOS=$72,229. In the remarks column it says Targeted MOS's and grades only. I just dont understand why they would give an example of what a Sgt would make if the program was not available to them.

Molecule Inc. on May 29, 2012, 06:36:22 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O
I do not think molecule is correct on the seps pay or at least I hope he is not. To my understanding its going to target Major's and Staff Sergeants as well as Marines in targeted MOS's. On the drawdown brief on the 7th slide it talks about force shaping authorities available. If you take a look at this slide in the 4th column it says the payments for the seps pay program and it says 'up to 40% base pay x YOS' and then it shows examples - SSgt w/14 YOS=$118,059 -Sgt w/10 YOS=$72,229. In the remarks column it says Targeted MOS's and grades only. I just dont understand why they would give an example of what a Sgt would make if the program was not available to them.

I'll say this though, the original drawdown brief from feb/march shows a sgt's seps pay ... at the last conference I attended 2 weeks ago, manpower plans & policy gave us a cleaner updated presentation about the "targeted rank/mos" requirement.  Before I go on, I want you all to know, I don't make this stuff up nor do I make the policies up.  This is just like the VEERP, where one minute it was only to 6 months then all of a sudden it goes up to a year; its manpower, it changes every day/week/month ... Now ... what P&P has (or at least they claim to have) changed is the sgt's getting the voluntary seps pay, reason why they do this is because they have cut down their service limits from 13 to 10, which means many will be getting slashed and getting involuntary seps pay.  They are targeting E6s/O4s because those two ranks make up the bigger part of the force and really have no incentive to get out since they can retire.  Will they keep it like that? I don't know ... nothing is for certain until that MarAdmin comes out.  I am not always right, but I do try to give out the best and most up to date information as I can ... so, abc, if I am wrong when this policy comes out, apologies ahead of time ... puto ... 8)

USMC_0431 on May 29, 2012, 07:39:07 AM
Recruit
  • Can't stop time!

I'll say this though, the original drawdown brief from feb/march shows a sgt's seps pay ... at the last conference I attended 2 weeks ago, manpower plans & policy gave us a cleaner updated presentation about the "targeted rank/mos" requirement.  Before I go on, I want you all to know, I don't make this stuff up nor do I make the policies up.  This is just like the VEERP, where one minute it was only to 6 months then all of a sudden it goes up to a year; its manpower, it changes every day/week/month ... Now ... what P&P has (or at least they claim to have) changed is the sgt's getting the voluntary seps pay, reason why they do this is because they have cut down their service limits from 13 to 10, which means many will be getting slashed and getting involuntary seps pay.  They are targeting E6s/O4s because those two ranks make up the bigger part of the force and really have no incentive to get out since they can retire.  Will they keep it like that? I don't know ... nothing is for certain until that MarAdmin comes out.  I am not always right, but I do try to give out the best and most up to date information as I can ... so, abc, if I am wrong when this policy comes out, apologies ahead of time ... puto ... 8)

What's your next predicted date for the release of the FY13 VEERP?!  :P
"You can't fix stupid"

Molecule Inc. on May 29, 2012, 07:49:37 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O

I'll make a prediction for you ma dear ... uhmmmm ... June 19, 2012 ... 8)

USMC_0431 on May 29, 2012, 08:21:42 AM
Recruit
  • Can't stop time!

[/quote]
[/quote]

You better be wrong...I'm hoping this week!
"You can't fix stupid"

Molecule Inc. on May 29, 2012, 10:00:47 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Recon Troll Bn C.O

You better be wrong...I'm hoping this week!

quote fail ... but its ok, i forgive you ... i hope im wrong too, i needz to get out nao!!

Kahnwolf on May 30, 2012, 09:18:34 AM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
So here's a question for ya...

My GySgt said that people who have used 2-3+ semesters worth of TA would not be eligible for the FY13 VEERP. I know that to use TA your class needs to end prior to your EAS but does not say you have to stay in for X amount of time. (unless you're officer). Obviously he could have it wrong or just have been messing with me, hard to tell sometimes.

I checked the FY12 VEERP but did not see anything about TA restrictions.

Anyone have further info if TA will be a limiting factor on utilization of the VEERP?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:24:22 AM by Kahnwolf »

USMC_0431 on May 30, 2012, 10:54:05 AM
Recruit
  • Can't stop time!
So here's a question for ya...

My GySgt said that people who have used 2-3+ semesters worth of TA would not be eligible for the FY13 VEERP. I know that to use TA your class needs to end prior to your EAS but does not say you have to stay in for X amount of time. (unless you're officer). Obviously he could have it wrong or just have been messing with me, hard to tell sometimes.

I checked the FY12 VEERP but did not see anything about TA restrictions.

Anyone have further info if TA will be a limiting factor on utilization of the VEERP?

No you are correct, your current class just had to end prior o your EAS date you aren't obligated in any other way!
"You can't fix stupid"