* News!

Current theories suggest its used as a kind of particle accelerator, as this would explain how information can be passed around the Lance Corporal Underground near the speed of light.
mick on December 13, 2011, 09:42:12 AM
Senior Lance
  • banned
  • march or die
im in the irr.
how the fuck can i do marine net classes?
i need to get points before the end of the year.
fml
Sorry mick, you are banned from using this forum!
posting inappropriate nude images on several occasions, more recently the easter tits. 10 days.
This ban is set to expire May 04, 2011, 01:03:14 PM.

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/11/pew%20pew.gif

Shia LeBoot on December 13, 2011, 09:46:24 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer
wat?
I'm not reading all that shit and have no idea what you're arguing about but I feel confident in saying that one of you is profoundly retarded and the other one agrees with me.

mick on December 13, 2011, 09:54:38 AM
Senior Lance
  • banned
  • march or die
i need to get some marine net classes done before the end of the year.
i tried to order mci's but they said it will take 3-6 weeks.

so if im in the irr, how do i do marine net classes?
do i have to find a proctor or what....
thanks
12/5
posting inappropriate nude images on several occasions, more recently the easter tits. 10 days.

DC5TypeS on December 13, 2011, 09:57:17 AM
Deployed
You trying to get promoted while in the IRR?

I remember being told it was possible the first time I went to an IRR muster.

I didn't feel like trying to get promoted to Sgt when I wasn't even wearing the uniform anymore.

But one of my coworkers got promoted to Staff Sergeant while in the IRR.............he got the big ass promotion warrant and everything.  I thought that was cool.

Shia LeBoot on December 13, 2011, 09:57:26 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer
No.  You do them the same way as everyone else.  http://www.marinenet.usmc.mil
I'm not reading all that shit and have no idea what you're arguing about but I feel confident in saying that one of you is profoundly retarded and the other one agrees with me.

Boomstick? on December 13, 2011, 10:04:29 AM
Senior Lance
Yes.  You do them the same way as everyone else.  http://www.marinenet.usmc.mil

FTFY

You do have to have a proctor for the ones who require a proctor. Not to mention that very few Marinet Courses acctually count as MCI's anymore. They segregated it so people have to do the MCI's for the 100 education points. If you're trying to get these in by end of year, you're to late. The training cut-off for the january quarter is in mid-to late- November. Which means they would have had to be on your MOL almost a month ago. Scores just computed broseph. Your best bet is to find a MCI proctor and have him sign you up for just the test with no material and wing it, while studying information about the course before hand of course.
May the power of Chesty look over you - swab leader
Before you talk shit about my little pony, watch an episode or two, then check back with me.

mick on December 13, 2011, 10:15:28 AM
Senior Lance
  • banned
  • march or die
woah...now im even more confused.
so, marine net scores arent instantly recorded?
i only need about 10 points.

and where do i find an mci proctor?
can i do this online and have the scores recorded instantly?

thanks.
12/5

mick on December 13, 2011, 10:39:59 AM
Senior Lance
  • banned
  • march or die
ok, just talked to duder at mobcom.
he said there are lots of courses that dont need proctors and that can be recorded
instantly.

anybody confirm this?
12/5

meshem on December 13, 2011, 10:48:07 AM
Terminal Lance
  • The Russian Hedgehog
ok, just talked to duder at mobcom.
he said there are lots of courses that dont need proctors and that can be recorded
instantly.

anybody confirm this?
12/5

Yes. I can confirm this. I have done it before.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and a lot of bitching...
Quote from: polpotroast
most of you are idiots, have no idea what you're talking about, and should feel bad that you even think you're smart enough to participate in logical discussions

Boomstick? on December 13, 2011, 11:05:54 AM
Senior Lance
As previously stated,

1. Training Cut-off was 3 weeks ago, so even if they did hit same day they wouldn't enter for Jan-Mar quarter
2. Scores already computed for Jan-Mar quarter
3. MOST Marine Net courses no longer count towards education points for cutting score
4. The ones that do count require a proctor

To find out who your proctor is I would call MOBCOM back and ask them. You should have a local IRR rep who you would fall under, generally a chill guy that will print you the test and you can google the answers. If he's a dick you either have to ad-hoc it or get the book, study and then take the test.

If you look on your MOL on the education page they now seperate MCI's and Marine Net classes. If you were going on a promotion board this would look good but for cutting score unless you take MCI equivalents, like Fundamentals of Marince Corps Leadership(MCI Equivalent - Leading Marines) which requires a proctor, it doesn't do anything for your education points.
Before you talk shit about my little pony, watch an episode or two, then check back with me.

soraflair on December 13, 2011, 07:13:55 PM
Boot
  • Reservist out in Florida
You can always call up your local reserve station's AR (Active Reserve) Marines.

Usually you can just come in when ever (The admin guys are usually there 9-5 anyway.) just give them a call.

damn03 on December 13, 2011, 07:26:14 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Terminal Lance BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY
  • gunny rolls, bitch
yeah i've done multiple marinenet courses, actually maxed out my education score with em. the thing you have to take note of is that while in the reserves, irr, smcr...etc...you get promoted quarterly instead of every month. there is also a training cut-off date: you need everything submitted/accounted for on MOL prior to this date. so the next quarter promotions are Jan.1,2012 so i think the training cutoff date is Dec.20,2011(someone correct me if im wrong). There are an unlimited amount of courses to choose from, but one that can get you some points without a proctor is the "law enforcement curriculum" course...it totals like 10 courses together of shit you already know about like pistols, shotgtuns, perimeter security, etc., and once you complete it it counts for education points and retirement credit. but as for a proctor you'll probably have to go to your nearest SMCR unit and talk with the AR/I&I staff about taking a test onsite with them in a sort of "LRC type setup". every reserve unit needs to have at least one authorized proctor i do believe.

shanegrila on December 13, 2011, 09:43:46 PM
+1 for taking the IRR so seriously. When i rolled out the main gate I was done.

ImGettingPromoted? on December 13, 2011, 10:07:57 PM
Boot
  • Boot Civilian
Just curious, what are the advantages of getting promoted in the IRR? I mean if you're done done after your IRR time, what do you get out of "excelling" in the IRR?

octagonaway on December 13, 2011, 11:36:22 PM
Terminal Lance
  • I'm a Boot!
I think the dude is asking not for promotion points but for the muster points to get a sat year. That being important for the reserves cause having enough points for a sat year counts towards retirement while not having the points causes you to fuck a dog.

Redworm on December 14, 2011, 12:04:57 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Militant Human Centipede
  • Semper Sometimes
Just curious, what are the advantages of getting promoted in the IRR? I mean if you're done done after your IRR time, what do you get out of "excelling" in the IRR?

helps on a resume if the hiring manager knows rank structure
If you have to exaggerate an opponent's ideas to "win," then you've already lost. - Meyer0331

injungrunt on December 14, 2011, 12:33:41 PM
Senior Lance
  • I will fight some more forever.
When I got out, I shook the dirt off my boots and didn't look back.  No muster, no classes, no nothing.  (I know that's a double negative)  Not that I didn't enjoy my time or still like the Corps.  If I was still moto, I'd have stayed in.  When I got out, it was "Peace, brother. Catch you on the flip side."
SSgtDunno [29|Nov 07:34 AM]: it is furry and naasty for a reason
Vundy [28|Feb 02:27 PM]: and say "Uhhhhhh"..and then slap it. 
DocThunderChin [02|Dec 04:58 AM]: batten down the hatches and secure all ports, it's about to get gay as fuck in here

Lance Sergeant on December 14, 2011, 12:39:40 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Devil's Advocate
  • Sir, any hike without a pack is a nature walk
yeah i've done multiple marinenet courses, actually maxed out my education score with em. the thing you have to take note of is that while in the reserves, irr, smcr...etc...you get promoted quarterly instead of every month. there is also a training cut-off date: you need everything submitted/accounted for on MOL prior to this date. so the next quarter promotions are Jan.1,2012 so i think the training cutoff date is Dec.20,2011(someone correct me if im wrong). There are an unlimited amount of courses to choose from, but one that can get you some points without a proctor is the "law enforcement curriculum" course...it totals like 10 courses together of shit you already know about like pistols, shotgtuns, perimeter security, etc., and once you complete it it counts for education points and retirement credit. but as for a proctor you'll probably have to go to your nearest SMCR unit and talk with the AR/I&I staff about taking a test onsite with them in a sort of "LRC type setup". every reserve unit needs to have at least one authorized proctor i do believe.

Ok. Cut off is NOVEMBER 20th
Quote from: Gen. James Mattis
PowerPoint makes us stupid.
Bad habits are hard to break, except with I.T., copious amounts of I.T.

Redworm on December 14, 2011, 02:47:56 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Militant Human Centipede
  • Semper Sometimes
^ that but a clever s-3 chief can sneak it in past the cutoff as long as scores haven't been computed yet

I DUN SEE'D THAT SHIT

in other news, fucking marinenet removed ALL of the IT training courses included the DOD specific ones and all the rosetta stone shit. what the fucking fuck, marinenet?
If you have to exaggerate an opponent's ideas to "win," then you've already lost. - Meyer0331

Lance Sergeant on December 14, 2011, 03:01:06 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Devil's Advocate
  • Sir, any hike without a pack is a nature walk
Rosetta stone is cause the Govt' contract with Rosetta stone is up
Quote from: Gen. James Mattis
PowerPoint makes us stupid.
Bad habits are hard to break, except with I.T., copious amounts of I.T.

Shia LeBoot on December 14, 2011, 06:14:12 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Butterbar
  • Terminal Lifer
Rosetta stone is cause the Govt' contract with Rosetta stone is up

Yeah, it's been replaced with some other stuff.

Sent from the moon using aliens

octagonaway on December 14, 2011, 06:16:31 PM
Terminal Lance
  • I'm a Boot!
When I got out, I shook the dirt off my boots and didn't look back.  No muster, no classes, no nothing.  (I know that's a double negative)  Not that I didn't enjoy my time or still like the Corps.  If I was still moto, I'd have stayed in.  When I got out, it was "Peace, brother. Catch you on the flip side."

When I was in Iraq, the first sergeant told us that if you wanted to take a year off, you could drop to the IRR and do marinenet / MCIs to get your retirement points and get a sat year. Although it would be a shitty sat year to count towards retirement, it would allow you to take a year off and come back in with no break in service, for the reserves at least.

mick on December 14, 2011, 08:37:28 PM
Senior Lance
  • banned
  • march or die

When I was in Iraq, the first sergeant told us that if you wanted to take a year off, you could drop to the IRR and do marinenet / MCIs to get your retirement points and get a sat year. Although it would be a shitty sat year to count towards retirement, it would allow you to take a year off and come back in with no break in service, for the reserves at least.

^^^this^^^
also if you have reached service term limitations for your rank due to high cutting scores or frozen mos's,
get a sat year for retirement until you pick up and get back on the team.

LiferLance on December 15, 2011, 03:08:52 AM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll BN Sup-O
  • I wooda gotten her tulips. Her two lips on my dick
Thats about to be the only way to retire for alotta people if things keep up like they are.
Yossarian [29|Sep 07:53 AM]:   oh god. imagine a mustang seabee chaplain?!

Boomstick? on December 15, 2011, 07:30:41 AM
Senior Lance
And even after typing the same shit twice, the second time in sequenced order of relativity, people still doubted that it was too late.