* News!

Why are all the kids around here throwing up the "shaka?"
Reddog on December 05, 2010, 09:32:33 AM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
I'm tryng to figure out what to get my son, whose a Marine, for Christmas. Please help. Thanks

GooglyMooglyCplType on December 05, 2010, 09:35:04 AM
Terminal Lance
Is he deployed or stateside?
2005-2009--OEF (Korengal Valley) & OIF (Haditha)--0311/0331--1st Battalion/3rd Marines

Reddog on December 05, 2010, 09:36:02 AM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Stateside.

GooglyMooglyCplType on December 05, 2010, 09:43:24 AM
Terminal Lance
A gift certificate to amazon, which I would suggest because Amazon has awesome deals on everything known to mankind and sends stuff everywhere around America. Besides that I don't have a suggestion because it is really what your son enjoys. For many Marines the only thing they enjoy while they are in are booze, video games, and tobacco so if your son is one of those I cant help you out a lot. My amazon gift certificate went a long way and it was a great gift from  my parents, I don't think you can go wrong with that.
2005-2009--OEF (Korengal Valley) & OIF (Haditha)--0311/0331--1st Battalion/3rd Marines

Backhaus on December 05, 2010, 10:45:12 AM
Terminal Lance
Like he said, it really depends on what he likes to do. I think you were looking for some Marine Corps related girft, but I wouldn't do that, unless he tells you exactly what he wants.

theblackknight on December 05, 2010, 11:17:05 AM
a g shock watch.

there really is no such thing as a "Marine present".

Get him a k-bar? Nope, he's not aloud to keep it in the barracks.

Dosent have oakleys? He can buy them of usstandardissue.com for almost half price.

Get him some work gloves or some kind of gear? He might not be able to use it bc his command is gay, or his broke friends will chap his ass for being a gear queer.

Reddog on December 05, 2010, 11:44:32 AM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming.  I'm checking on the Oaklys. I thought about a new pair of boots. Good idea? If so, what are the best boots you guys like? He's in artillery.

Backhaus on December 05, 2010, 12:21:08 PM
Terminal Lance
See, it really all depends on what he likes. I don't wear watches, when I can get away with it eye pro or gloves.
As far as boots, I love my Danners. I tried different ones, but I keep going back to the Danners.

03 Motor T on December 05, 2010, 12:38:49 PM
For many Marines the only thing they enjoy while they are in are booze, video games, and tobacco so if your son is one of those I cant help you out a lot.
I'm going to have to second that, times a million.

Redworm on December 05, 2010, 12:45:18 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Militant Human Centipede
  • Semper Sometimes
a laptop if he doesn't have one. the ones on base are a ripoff.
If you have to exaggerate an opponent's ideas to "win," then you've already lost. - Meyer0331

GooglyMooglyCplType on December 05, 2010, 12:56:09 PM
Terminal Lance
As I said, on amazon.com you can get ANYTHING POSSIBLE...even Danners are on there along with everything stated above. Soon you can even buy russian mail order brides on that website the catalog is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:58:24 PM by GoodGooglyMoogly »

Yossarian on December 05, 2010, 03:18:32 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Troll Grouper Sergeant Major Fish
  • My business is with Isengard tonight
be a creeper, find some chick from home he always wanted to nail and blackmail her into performing sexual favors for him.

if hes a dumb boot, make a payment on his ripoff 2011 mustang.
if hes not a dumb boot, gift cards arent a bad idea.
find out if he can have his own linen, if hes using issued stuff get him somethin nice to sleep on.
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning. Destroyers and usurpers, curse them.
Gall [03|Mar 10:18 PM]:   I hope you get run over by a dump truck full of baby dicks
Corvus: yoss hates and knows everything
Today at 07:14:04 PM

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on December 05, 2010, 05:07:42 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
The ideal gift, for me personally, would be an open ended round flight ticket.   I greatly enjoy leave and traveling and I hear alot of Marines talking about going out on a worry free vacation and getting some much needed R&R.  Once again, this is me personally.
theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: think about how many times you hold the door open for anyone or do something small for a stranger theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: women dont do that shit
Bozzy [25|Apr 06:48 PM]:I'm a coward? I didn't join the seabees

Yossarian on December 05, 2010, 05:35:11 PM
Terminal Lance
The ideal gift, for me personally, would be an open ended round flight ticket.   I greatly enjoy leave and traveling and I hear alot of Marines talking about going out on a worry free vacation and getting some much needed R&R.  Once again, this is me personally.

going on leave and taking free flights?
like say...space A?
which is something hes already eligible for
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning. Destroyers and usurpers, curse them.
Gall [03|Mar 10:18 PM]:   I hope you get run over by a dump truck full of baby dicks

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on December 05, 2010, 05:38:42 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
Space A is somewhat difficult to get on to.  The process is easy but mostly it's air wingers who know the process and it is limited in the places it can fly and you are subject to the schedules of the unit flying.  But for Space A, you do get first priority when on leave behind Emergency leave and Marines on orders.
theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: think about how many times you hold the door open for anyone or do something small for a stranger theguywhodidtheweiner [30|Jan 09:19 AM]: women dont do that shit

PaleRider on December 06, 2010, 05:50:51 AM
Deployed
  • The Original ManRider
a Marine present? booze and smokes.

Quazi Motiv8r on December 06, 2010, 03:07:54 PM
Deployed
  • Until there is no enemy, but Peace.
A multitool like a Gerber or Leatherman can come in handy from time to time.
Good gravy don't you know booty is more important than relationships? Or water?

Ski on December 06, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
Terminal Lance
  • TUMBLR
  • CO, MarforTrollCom / Turtal Enthusiast
  • I liek turtalz
I actually appreciate socks and underwear now.
Hey yo, 'Ski! What we came to see?
Cotton candy, sweetie, go,
Let me see the Tootsee Roll!

Quazi Motiv8r on December 06, 2010, 03:24:13 PM
Deployed
  • Until there is no enemy, but Peace.
Co-sign
Good gravy don't you know booty is more important than relationships? Or water?

Baron Cookie, Serf of Cakes on December 06, 2010, 09:18:40 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Quest for Adventure
  • The King
I actually appreciate socks and underwear now.
Quoted for truth.  Long ass field ops can knock out your underwear pretty fast.
Or, maybe a gift certificate he can only use towards haircuts?  I dunno how plausible that is but paying for them shits piss me off.

dennhop21 on December 08, 2010, 11:58:49 AM
honestly, I'd stay away from Marine Corps related stuff unless he's just dying to have that new *insert gear name here*.  If you know his hobbies, then get him something he enjoys doing...Granted, I'm married, and no longer live in the barracks, but if my parents had gotten me a set of craftsman wrenches back then, I would have been stoked.  But, I'm a gearhead, so that works for me.  I'd venture to guess that he's probably not looking for something related to the Corps for Christmas, so look into what his hobbies are, and go from there.  If you just can't figure out what he likes, maybe try asking him to let you know what he'd like...when all else fails, cash works great...

Quinness on December 08, 2010, 03:53:31 PM
Terminal Lance
  • Keeper of Hawt Chicks
  • I just want an original purple rockstar.
Christmas Care packages for kids I don't know:
- tobacco
- food
- underwear/socks/skivvy shirts
- pictures of half naked hot celebrities
- random games and shit

Christmas Care packages for kids I do know:
- tobacco
- food
- random games and shit
☣ Zombie ☣ [11|Oct 08:13 AM]: NO, QUIN HAS A HORMONE IMBALENCE AND DOESNT FUNCTION LIKE THE REST OF HER SPECIES
Maximilian [15|Jan 11:44 AM]: Quinn taught me to dance on the pole.
3moose1: My wife is a WHORE.

Yossarian on December 08, 2010, 06:16:16 PM
Terminal Lance
Christmas Care packages for kids I don't know:
- tobacco
- food
- random games and shit

Christmas Care packages for kids I do know:
- tobacco
- food
- random games and shit

its nice to see someone who understands, but i stand by my earlier suggestion.

GrumpyMcGrump on December 08, 2010, 06:25:13 PM
Terminal Lance
A gift certificate is always good.
(click to show/hide)
The United States Navy.  235 years of Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.
"You see those guys over there?  They're Seabees.  If you see them stealing something, let them have it, and for the love of God don't try to steal it back because they will come over here and rob us fucking blind."-Overheard in Iraq

Reddog on December 09, 2010, 03:06:17 PM
Recruit
  • I'm a Boot!
Thanks for all the excellent ideas. He never asks for anything and when we ask him what he wants or needs, he says "nothing". Well we got him a portable DVD player and Call of Duty, Black Ops. He does like the video games.
I'm looking at some Oaklys but I'm afraid, knowing him, they will get lost, broken or stolen. He's not one to take care of his shit.
We probably will still give him some socks and skivvies because he will wear them until they fall apart.
I think I'm going to wait till next year to get him a good set of boots. He will be deploying next year.
Thanks again. Reddog